GeneralWestern State College Bookstore has established this policy and is providing it to you so that you can understand the manner in which we use your information and the efforts we use to protect it. We at Western State College are committed to protecting your online privacy.
Personal InformationWe recognize the need for consumers to control the use and management of personal information. By personal information we mean information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. This includes a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, or a phone number. In most cases, you can visit Western State College Bookstore's web pages without providing us with this type of information. (Exceptions to this are when you submit a request that we contact you or you submit an order.) If you do choose to provide us with personal information, we will only transfer the information to the extent necessary to provide the requested information, service, or product to you. We do not sell or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties and we do not utilize email marketing.
Automatic InformationPlease note that Western State College Bookstore uses various technologies to collect information about types and versions of internet browsers used when accessing our web servers. This information, and information about internet IP addresses, as well as date and time web pages are visited are stored in various security and traffic logs. We review these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless we have been asked to identify technical problems or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct we do not trace specific user sessions.
ChildrenWestern State College Bookstore serves the general public as such is not meant to attract children. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
Security and ConfidentialityWestern State College Bookstore takes reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected. We use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting and transferring your data. Within our data center, we make use of multiple levels of redundant firewalls and we use database encryption. Internally, we limit access to Personal Information to those employees or agents who we believe have reasonable need to use the information to provide products or services to you, or to perform their jobs.
Third PartiesWe partner with other third parties to provide various services and products. When a user signs up for these services or products we may share Personal Information that is necessary for the third party to provide the product or service to the consumer. Western State College Bookstore will take reasonable steps to only provide Personal Information to third parties when necessary and to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect Personal Information on the Western State College Bookstore's behalf. It is also against the Western State College Bookstore's policy to sell or trade Personal Information collected online, without consumer consent. Note that, unless legally required to do otherwise, Western State College Bookstore does not intend to transfer Personal Information to third parties that are not bound to act on Western State College Bookstore's behalf. If legally compelled to release Personal Information to a third party, Western State College Bookstore may or may not notify customers of such release. Notification will be at the discretion of Western State College Bookstore and will be based on the nature and conditions surrounding the release of Personal Information.
NotificationsConsumer notifications may be performed by Western State College Bookstore directly. When the Western State College Bookstore performs a notification it will be sent to the email address associated with your account. Western State College Bookstore will send the email but we cannot guarantee delivery. You are responsible for providing a valid email address and for updating it as your address changes. Western State College Bookstore may, depending on the importance and urgency of the notification, choose to contact you via telephone or postal mail. When doing so we will use the phone number and/or address associated with your account or transaction.
ContactIf you have any questions about this policy or would like additional information, you may email us at email@example.com or by postal mail at:
ATTN: Privacy Issues
Gunnison, CO 81231
Use of the Western State Colorado University Bookstore website (the "Site") and the content contained herein (the "Site") is governed by the terms of this Agreement (the "Agreement") between you and Western State Colorado University Bookstore ("Bookstore"). Your use of this Site constitutes your unconditional agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using this Site.
1. The Site is subject to protection under copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned, controlled or licensed by Bookstore and its affiliates or by third parties. These rights are protected by common law, state laws, and U.S. and international laws. Bookstore expressly reserves all rights, titles, and interests in and to all copyrights, trade names, logos, patents and other intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Site, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets"; the overall "look and feel", processes, software, technology, and other materials which appear on this Site; and the business processes used to market products and services. You agree that your rights are limited to those granted herein, and you will not acquire any rights except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
2. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing;" or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
3. The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the Site is updated on a regular basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Bookstore by our suppliers and other third parties. You agree not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer™, Netscape Navigator™, and Mozilla Firefox™. Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of us or our suppliers affected by your action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the company that hosts this Site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
4. Bookstore will not be liable for damages resulting from any failure caused by events beyond its control, by any act of God, such as a power failure, or by any other cause not within the control of Bookstore.
5. If you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement terminates immediately without notice. Bookstore may deny access to the Site to you and anyone claiming by or through you without liability to anyone. Bookstore shall have all additional rights and remedies at law and in equity arising from such violation. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Bookstore, and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents harmless from all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to any such prohibited use of the Site. If you violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, they have all remedies at law and in equity to enforce their rights against you to the extent applicable arising from your actions.
6. Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which Bookstore resides. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall be given full effect without regard to the invalid portions.
7. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Bookstore regarding the use of the Site.
Copyright (c) 2006 Western State Colorado University Bookstore. All rights reserved.back to top